Columbia Pacific Food Bank 2022 Fall Salmon Derby Official Rules
Columbia Pacific Food Bank 2022 Sturgeon Derby Official Rules
Dates, Times, and Fees
- The Columbia Pacific Food Bank Fall Sturgeon Derby fishing tournament commences Saturday, Sept. 10th, 2022, from Daylight – 4:00 pm.
- The official weigh-in station is located at Columbia Food Bank; 1421 Columbia Blvd, St. Helens, OR 97051
- Official weigh-in hours will be open from 2:00 pm till 4:00 pm Saturday, Sept. 10, 2022. Positively no fish will be accepted beyond this time.
- Tournament competition tickets are $50.00 each, $25.00 each for youth tickets, ages 16 & under, and $400 for teams of four. Tickets must be purchased at https://igfn.us/f/3d17/n by 11:59 pm on Sept 09, 2022.
- The Columbia River between the Wauna Power Lines and Bonneville Dam, as established by the Oregon Dept of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW) and/or Washington Dept Of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) depending on your Port of Call.
Conditions of Participation
- Each tournament participant must have purchased a derby ticket prior to angling in the tournament. Tickets must be purchased at https://igfn.us/f/3d17/n prior to 11:59 pm on Sept 09, 2022.
- There will be no ticket sales on the day of the derby! All fish must be caught during the day and time of derby.
- Sturgeon entries must be caught according to ODFW and/or WDFW regulations dependent on your port of call.
- Sturgeon must be within the legal slot limit of 44 to 50 inches (measured to the fork in the tail).
- Contestants must hook and play every Sturgeon on rod and reel and according to ODFW and or WDFW rules, unaided except for netting. Sturgeon entered in the fishing tournament must be tagged and entered by the individual responsible for hook and play of caught fish.
- Sturgeon tournament competition will be determined by weight.
- Tournament tickets must be presented to judges before fish will be weighed.
- Contestants are prohibited from fishing from a boat with commercial gear in use or engaged in commercial fishing. A tournament contestant may not enter a fish that has been caught on commercial gear.
- All photographs and films, taken throughout the tournament, by tournament officials, and at the time of weigh-ins become the sole property of the Columbia Pacific Food Bank and may be used in future promotional events.
- All fish entries will be weighed and cleaned by tournament officials. Fish entries are subject to cleaning and/or filleting.
- The Columbia Pacific Food Bank and others participating in the sponsorship of this derby accept no responsibility for damages or injuries sustained by contestants. As a condition of and in consideration of the acceptance of their entries therein, all contestants and their parents or guardians shall be deemed to agree and assume all risks of injury to the competitor’s property and person, resulting from, caused by, or connected with the conduct and management of the competition, and to release any and all claims which they may have against officials, the Columbia Pacific Food Bank, and organizations that take part in the sponsorship of this derby. Participation is accepted only on these conditions.
- The decisions of the Derby Committee and their officials are final in any contested matter. The Derby Committee and its officials reserve the right to refuse service, entrance, or disqualify persons from tournament competition.
- The Derby Committee members will be ineligible to participate in the promotion and shall be ineligible for any prize covered herein.
Please note: If there is a complete closure of the Columbia River the derby committee reserves the right to change the rules of tournament competition which will be posted electronically on the webpage you are currently reading in lieu of such unanticipated events. It is the responsibility of the contestant to make themselves aware of such rule changes as posted on the above website.
Team Competition Participation
- Team Competition Entry is $400.
- Teams will consist of the four individuals and all team members must fish from the same boat.
- The combined weights of up to the four fish will account for the Team Competition score. All four Team Anglers must be present during weigh-in.
- Guides are permitted in Team Competition, acting as contestant or guide.
- Team Competition entrants are also eligible to individual competition in Tournament Competition.
- Team Competition grand prize may not be awarded to Teams or entrants for two consecutive years. Upon Team Competition grand prize awarding, Teams and entrants will forfeit the right to win the grand prize in the following year.
- All other Columbia Pacific Food Bank Sturgeon Derby fishing tournament rules apply.
- Official rules and regulations of the Columbia Pacific Food Bank Derby will be found at cpfoodbank.org/fishing-derby-rules-and-regulations/
- Any and all angling must comply with current ODFW and /or WDFW regulations – No Exceptions! Changes to rules may occur and it is the responsibility of the contestant to make themselves aware of any changes.
- By purchasing either an individual ticket or a team ticket and entering this derby you agree to all the above rules and conditions.
- Tickets are digital and will be emailed to you upon purchase
- Tickets are only available from Columbia Pacific Food Bank and are processed by our event partner GiveSmart Fundraise. Only tickets purchased through GiveSmart Fundraise will be honored.
*The tournament officials will not enter fish if the rules are not strictly followed. Official personnel at check-in or weigh-in stations may not make exceptions to the rules. The tournament officials reserve the right to refuse service, refuse entrance, or disqualify persons from the tournament competition. PLEASE READ THE RULES CAREFULLY!
Updated September 06, 2022.