Executive Director Job Announcement
September 15, 2021
Columbia Pacific Food Bank (CPFB) is the regional food bank for Columbia County located in St. Helens. We participate in the Oregon Food Bank Network of Regional Food Banks. Our own distribution network includes partner agencies in Vernonia, Scappoose, St. Helens, Rainier, and Clatskanie. The Executive Director has overall responsibility for CPFB consistent with its mission to provide create access to healthy food and resources in Columbia County. The Executive Director shall provide leadership to the Food Bank’s work and the achievement of the organization’s goals by articulating the problem of hunger and CPFB’s response to our many shareholders: Board of Directors, volunteers, staff, partner agencies, donors, our clients, and our community. The Executive Director shall strive to build these many groups and individuals into an effective team to work toward the elimination of hunger.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall administration and management of CPFB including service programs, fund raising, and business operations. Areas of responsibility include planning and evaluation, policy development and administration, personnel and fiscal management and public relations. This includes supervising a staff of three and serving as a backup to all positions.
- Bachelor degree in related field and two year’s work experience in program development and management or satisfactory equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
- Project management experience.
- Proven success building community partnerships.
- Experience working with and training volunteers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail, ability to handle interruptions, and maintain focus on tasks and produce accurate work.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience with inventory, fiscal and recordkeeping systems.
- Professional knowledge of English grammar, spelling and usage.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Window and Office environment (Word, Excel, Outlook) and standard office equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to make presentations and develop reports that may contain technical information.
- Strong interpersonal, conflict resolution and meeting facilitation skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and understand the needs of low-income families and individuals.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to obtain food safety certification.
- Ability to move and lift supplies and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Safe driving record, current vehicle insurance and ability to use personal vehicle for CPFB business.
- Ability to learn to operate warehouse equipment.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
- High level of flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing conditions and shifting demands.
- Community food security and local food systems experience preferred, not required.
- Experience in marketing/promotions desired.
Starting salary of $60,000 to $80,000 depending on experience. Benefits negotiable. This is a full-time, exempt position.
To Apply for the
Please submit the following by 5:00 pm Friday, October 15, 2021:
A cover letter that demonstrates
- How your experience and skills lead you to be a good fit for this position.
- What about this opportunity most interests you.
- How you heard about this position.
And a complete chronological resume.
Send your cover letter and resume as a PDF file via email to: email@example.com subject line: attention Executive Director Search Committee. We will acknowledge receipt of your application, and all inquiries will be handled confidentially.