Volunteering for the food bank takes dedication and physical ability, but also comes with strong reward and satisfaction in helping feed hungry residents in Columbia County. A large portion of our recipients are senior citizens or children, who are vulnerable to limited incomes or situations beyond their control.
Click on button to download the Volunteer Interest Form.
Want to help but not sure how?
Look over the brief descriptions of the volunteer opportunities listed below and give us a call at 503-397-9708 to go over your options. You are welcome to volunteer for as many shifts as you wish. We schedule our shifts in advance, so you always know when you should be there.
- Drivers: Perform deliveries to partner agencies and pick-ups from donors. You must be able to lift 50 pounds. A Commercial Driver’s License is not required. Shifts are Monday -Thursday, 2 to 3 hours per shift.
- Warehouse attendants: Provide donation receipts, stock donations and pick orders for agencies. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, perform light janitorial, housekeeping and grounds maintenance. Shifts are Monday-Thursday, 2 to 3 hours per shift.
- Pantry: Provide assistance to clients with our intake process and packing of food boxes, stocking pantry shelves before opening and sorting food donations during slow times. Shifts are Monday -Thursday, approximately 4 hours per shift.
- Events: Assist with set-up and break down of our booth location and the receiving and packing of food as well as cash donations. Some events require us to perform additional tasks on behalf of the sponsor (e.g., registration or head count). Each shift is 2 to 3 hours.
Find out more about us:
- at www.cpfoodbank.org
- follow our Facebook Page
- call Casey Wheeler at 503-397-9708
- or email email@example.com